Some styles, for example an annotated style, include the abstract and some don't.
In Word you can format your bibliography by selecting a style which doesn't include an abstract. See instructions below:
- In the document, do the following:
- Word: Go to the EndNote tab.
- Click on the small arrow on the toolbar next to 'Bibliography'
- Select the dropdown arrow next to 'With output style'.
- Here, select the output style you'd like to use in the output style dropdown menu. A generic output style you can use for this purpose is the "Author-Date" or Harvard style.
Note: To use a style not on the dropdown, in Word, choose "Select another style..." from the dropdown menu.
- Click the OK button (or "Update Citations and Bibliography" in Word to format the document using your selected style.