Answered By: Karina Forrest
Last Updated: Oct 30, 2021     Views: 7

External contractors and agency workers can have a Building Access Smartcard for the duration of their job on campus.  In order to process this request the library needs the following: 

  • A guarantor letter/email from the school/service administrators sent to  This correspondence needs to include:
    • The full name of the contractor/employee
    • Which agency they are working for
    • A start date and end date for their time on campus 

A head and shoulders passport style photograph in JPEG format must also be included as an attachment to the email, this is to be added to the new smartcard. 

Only when we are in receipt of all the above can Library staff can create the new smartcard for later collection and inform you by email when it is ready. 

Once it is collected, door access will need to be added by the named contact for that service or building.  A list of who those contacts are is available here:

If you are a student support worker please see the attached FAQ