Answered By: Mark Callan
Last Updated: Feb 15, 2019     Views: 307

Full information is available at the distance learning Library Guide:

All Newcastle students can access electronic books and journals off-campus by accessing them via Library search (our catalogue). You may need to access Library Search via RAS - the remote application service (here). Other services are subject to licensing, copyright and other regulations and accessibility will vary depending on whether you live within or outside the UK. The Library Guide will help you determine what support and resources are available to you.

Students on designated distance learning courses or on approved field work or work placements may be able to use services such as postal loans, scanning of journal articles and Inter Library Loans. If your course is not on the approved list but you feel you should be eligible, you can fill in a request form to join the scheme (see the distance learner Library Guide webpage, as above).

Research postgraduates (PhD, MRes) whose course requires them to be at a distance from the University can also apply to use the service.

Other staff and students can also apply. If you live in the UK but outside the Northumberland, Durham and Teesside area and think you need to use the Distance Access service please complete the request form. This will be sent to your Liaison Librarian for consideration.



Library Chat