Answered By: Susan Graham
Last Updated: Jul 17, 2017     Views: 391

If your thesis contains copyright-protected material from elsewhere (for example, maps, illustrations, text, images, diagrams etc.) this material is known as ‘third party copyright’, and you must ensure you have permission to include it in your thesis before it is published online.

We can provide more information about this to anyone intending to deposit an e-thesis, including a template letter to request permissions, but please note, the onus is on the author of the thesis to ensure the copyright permissions have been secured.  

Contact the eTheses team for advice and a template.