Answered By: Martyn Hurst Last Updated: Sep 16, 2021 Views: 5
If there is no Library Reading List link currently showing on the left side of your module course home page in Canvas you will have to add it in order for students to see and access their online reading list. This must be completed by a course instructor in Canvas by following the steps below:
1. Click on the Settings option from the list of links to the left of the module main text (see Canvas screenshot below).
2. Click on the Navigation tab at the top of the screen (see Canvas screenshot below).
3. Scroll down the page and you will see a list of items currently hidden from student view (see Canvas screenshot below).
4. Drag the Library Reading List item from the hidden items box to the visible navigation box above and save your changes using the blue save button at the bottom of the screen (see Canvas screenshot below).
5. Return to the course home page and the Library Reading List link should now be displayed in the list of links to the left of the main module text (see Canvas Screenshot below).
6. Clicking on this link will then display the online reading reading list mapped to the module.