Q. I want to add a book chapter to my Reading List. How do I do this?
Answered By: Catherine Dale Last Updated: Jun 12, 2020 Views: 8
Answered By: Catherine Dale
Last Updated: Jun 12, 2020 Views: 8
To add a book chapter to your Reading List (Leganto) list using Library Search;
- Click on the + button on the top right of your reading list. This will open the Search pane on the right-hand side.
- Apply your search terms to locate the book the chapter is contained within.
- Select the item you want to add from the results list.
- Select the section you wish to add it to from the drop-down box.
- Click Add.
- On the entry in your reading list, click the three dots to the right of the entry and choose Edit item.
- Change the ‘Type’ drop-down from Book to Book Chapter. You will then see additional fields to enter the chapter title, author, chapter number and start/end page numbers.
- Save any changes.
- Click on Add tags to item to indicate whether this is Essential, Recommended or Background reading. You will need to do this for each item, so students understand how important the item is, as well as the Library making arrangements for a specific number of copies to be available.
Note: If the book is not already available as an e-book and you want the chapter scanned to ease access for your students, then tag it with Requires CLA Scanning. If permitted under the CLA HE licence, this request will be actioned by the Reading Lists Team.
- To add more items, click on the refresh icon and then continue.