Answered By: Karina Forrest
Last Updated: Jun 26, 2023     Views: 598

Free borrowing facilities are available to teaching staff and Librarians from local schools participating in the Education Outreach programme. Teachers from schools and colleges that are part of the Partners Scheme can also join free of charge.

To apply, please bring a letter of introduction on headed paper from your school confirming that you are employed there or a valid school staff badge with lanyard (any 1 of the 2 is acceptable) to the Philip Robinson Library during our Desk Service opening hours.

You will also need to bring along 2 further forms of ID, 1 to include your photograph and 1 as proof of address.

Acceptable forms of ID are:

Photo ID 

  • Current signed passport 

  • Original birth certificate 

  • EEA member state identity card 

  • Current UK or EEA photocard driving licence 

Proof of address 

  • Utility bill issued within the last 3 months 

  • Local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year 

  • Current UK driving licence (but only if not used for the photo ID) 

  • Bank or Building Society statement dated within the last 3 months

Applications will be processed while you wait. You will be given a 1-year membership and issued with a Community Smartcard. This entitles you to borrow 8 long loan items.

Community Affiliate smartcards are for access to the University Library during core Desk Service opening hours. They do not open night doors on campus or give out of hours library access.