Answered By: Lorna Smith Last Updated: Aug 27, 2021 Views: 0
You would need to convert your document into plain text if your references in you document have become corrupt, or maybe you need to manually edit your references or maybe you want to send your document to your supervisor. Converting to plain text will create another copy of your document, remove all field codes and detaches itself from EndNote:
To convert your document into plain text:
- Open your document in Word
- Click on Convert Citations and Bibliography > Convert to Plain Text
- A pop up window will appear telling you that it will open a new window with a duplicate, unsaved copy with all EndNote markers removed. Click on OK.
- The original, saved document with all of your EndNote formatting will be still there, untouched.
- You can now save the plain text version and edit/send etc.