To insert a special character into EndNote you can copy and paste the character from a Word document or use the Character Map tool.
- Open the Character Map tool by clicking on Start > All programmes > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map
- Select the Symbol font if necessary (other fonts will revert to the default display font in EndNote)
- Select the character required and click on Copy
- Go to EndNote and paste (Ctrl and V) the character into your open reference
- Close the reference (saving the changes if prompted)