Library Help: Academic Skills
What do Academic Skills tutors do?
The Academic Skills Team is a team of professional Learning Developers. We offer guidance on a range of study challenges to help students develop their academic skills and succeed as independent learners.
Our service includes:
- individual bookable one-to-one tutorials
- drop-ins across Newcastle Campus
- workshops delivered as part of the Your Skills Programme
- a regular writers' group called Write Here, Write Now
- resources created for the Academic Skills Kit
- workshops for degree programmes and modules across the University.
Our provision is always tailored to your particular level and programme of study. We can work with you on a one-to-one basis to discuss your approach to study skills like time management and critical reading. We can also read and offer feedback on portions of your written work. In both instances, we will recommend strategies and techniques that can help you develop your skills and take your work to the next level.