Answered By: David Gardner
Last Updated: Feb 11, 2015     Views: 199

Yes, students from overseas universities who are visiting Newcastle can use the library for consultation purposes (i.e. they can look at the books and other printed materials but will not be able to borrow them nor to use our electronic resources).

During Newcastle University vacations, such students are allowed into the library on production of a valid identity card from their own University. Outside the vacations, it may be possible to supply a visitor's pass to overseas students wishing to pursue research for a period of no more than four weeks. Please contact the library with your request well in advance of the visit.

Visiting students will be able to obtain a wifi pass for use with their own laptops but this does not give them access to the university's own networked facilities.